Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Not My Fault

Yesterday we had a mini-power outage at the house. I say mini, because only about 2 rooms were hit. Unfortunately, one of those rooms holds all of our internet wiring, so blogging was not an option. I managed to fix it this morning, and we're back in business.

Note: This was NOT a simple matter of a tripped circuit breaker. I know I'm a girl, but I'm not too stupid to flip a switch. It's disconcerting how many people on facebook seem to think I'm completely helpless.

Anyway, back to the matter at hand. While absent of the distractions of The Internet, I used my spare time to read How to Brew by John Palmer. I'm working on a full review of this book, which I'll post when I've actually finished reading it.

I will say that so far I've found it to be a fantastic resource. The chapter on lagering, which I perhaps should have read before I started my pilsner, tells me that my brew may not be quite as far-gone as I'd originally thought. This is heartening, and I'm back to looking forward to tasting it.

That said, I've decided that this is the week to try something new, and I'm going simpler (and faster) this time. I'm thinking of trying an Irish Stout, as it's one of my favorite types of beers, and I've seen recipes that can be brewed in 4-6 weeks. At that rate, it would be ready at about the same time as my Pilsner. That could be fun.

0 comments: