Monday, February 22, 2010

Totally off-topic

I know, I know. This is a blog about beer, and I should be writing about beer. But if I stayed on topic all the time, I'd be depriving you of pictures of my Absolutely Adorable Puppy. And we can't have that, can we?

This is Herbert. She was born on November 5, 2009.

 


Yes, I know that Herbert is a boy's name. And yes, I assure you that Herbert is a girl dog. But listen, there are people out there naming their children Kynidee and Kachina. Shouldn't we be more worried about that?

Anyway. Herbert is a blue pit bull. 


 

As you can see, she is a ferocious beast. 
Her Momma, Tilly,
  


was unceremoniously abandoned in my friend's backyard. Once they realized Tilly was in the family way, my husband and I jumped on the opportunity to adopt one of her puppies. 
We had 11 to choose from.

  


Are you dying of cute yet?
We picked Herbert up on December 26. She was just under 8 weeks, and already turning into a GIANT.


 

She was awfully snuggly though.


We've had her at home for 2 months now, where she continues to grow like a weed. She likes it here, except for when we put in her jail.



So we let her sit in the living room with us, but she's not very ladylike.

As I said, ferocious beast. 

(Apologies for the low quality pics. Most were taken with an iphone. Once I figure out how to use the real camera I'll get some bigger shots. She'll probably weigh 60 pounds by then though, so I figured the cute was worth it.)

0 comments: